Annual Course Rollover takes place on Saturday 30th June.
Blackboard downtime will be required, approximately 08:00 – 17:00 BST.
All the relevant forms have been updated, and can be accessed from http://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/vle-support/
No action is required…
if you are responsible for a RISIS module or programme
- which was used in Blackboard in the current academic year (i.e. in 2017-18)
- is scheduled to run again in the new academic year (i.e. in 2018-19)
- and you are happy for the 2017-18 Blackboard course to be copied forward
In this case, the 2017-18 course will be automatically copied forward as part of Course Rollover.
Action is required…
in the following cases (click on the link for further details)
Module Convenors can choose to Opt Out of Course Rollover.
Why might I choose this option?
Last year the academics who chose to opt out of rollover were taking over as new Module Convenors, and wanted to reorganise their Blackboard sites
- to make them easier for students to navigate
- to better reflect the way that they planned to deliver the module.
This year one entire School and one Department have chosen not to have their Blackboard courses copied forward. This is so they can respond to student feedback by introducing a standard course menu and navigation across all of their courses.
…but I would like content to be copied from a previous Blackboard course.
…and would like content to be copied from an existing Blackboard course.
We are introducing some changes to shared spaces in Blackboard.
Full details can be found here: Merged and Supplementary Courses.
If you need a shared Blackboard course which replaces two or more RISIS modules, then IT can create a Merged Course.
- Request a new Merged Course
- or use the Course Copy Request Form if you wish to copy your existing Shared Course to a 2018-19 Merged Course.
If you need a shared Blackboard course for use in addition to a number of RISIS modules or Programmes, then IT can create a Supplementary Course.
- Request a new Supplementary Course
- or use the Course Copy Request Form if you wish to copy your existing Shared Course to a 2018-19 Supplementary Course.
Please note: Supplementary Courses should not be used to deliver summative assessment, as this is not supported by the forthcoming Blackboard-RISIS integration.
for submitting any requests in time for Rollover is the close of play on Tuesday 26th June.
If you have any queries please check the more detailed information on Annual Rollover on this site.
If you still need further advice, please log a call with firstname.lastname@example.org