- This event has passed.
Fixing Our Broken Housing Market: a workshop on the way forward
13 December, 2017 at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| Free
The implications of recent housing policy developments in England and their future direction will be explored at an upcoming one-day workshop run by The UK Collaborative Centre for Housing Evidence and the University of Reading.
February saw the government publish the housing white paper, Fixing Our Broken Housing Market, followed by a consultation document on proposals for reform in September. The Secretary of State has also recently announced a forthcoming green paper on social housing, and significant changes for housing are also expected in the November budget. These developments signal a potential major shift in the direction of housing policy in England and the workshop will explore the way forward.
- Professor David Clapham, University of Reading
- Professor Neil Crosby, University of Reading
- Professor Geoff Meen, University of Reading
- Professor Flora Samuel, University of Reading
- Professor Christine Whitehead, LSE
- Representative from central government.
Further details about the workshop can be found on the Eventbrite page.