The pilot research study was undertaken by a team led by Dr Fumi Kitagawa at Manchester Business School, and aimed to assess the impact of the EngD in relation to 1) impact on industry partners, and
2) EngD graduate’s career pathways
The four routes to impact from EngD programmes identified were:
- Generation of new knowledge
- Innovation-related routes to impact
- Knowledge networks and collaboration
- Human capital and skills development
EngD impacts were found at individual, organisational and sector levels.