Third year M(Pharm) students organised a coffee morning on Thurs 15th March to raise money for the charity, Pharmacist Support.
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity that offers free and confidential support for pharmacy students, trainees and pharmacists and their families in need. This includes
- Providing financial assistance to help pay towards essential expenditure in times of hardship.
- Offering students with a range of resources and guidance on how to effectively manage their money, including bursaries to help with the cost of living or unexpected expenses/loss of income – such as the National Student Bursary Scheme
- Helping pre-registration pharmacists experiencing problems on their placement
- Running the Wardley Wellbeing Service to manage well-being, mindfulness, stress and everyday pressures through workshops and webinars
- Operating a Stress Helpline, staffed by trained volunteer pharmacists who talk to those that want to talk about professional and personal issues.
The charity relies heavily on the generosity of pharmacists, their relatives and pharmacy organisations to continue to provide these essential support services. Well done to all the organisers and everyone who contributed towards this fantastic effort. Donations can still be made by visiting https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/juhi-rathor.