Are you a new or returning University of Reading student this September? Welcome to our community, we cannot wait for you to join us.
What next? Well, why not get ahead of the game – Here’s how to keep up to date with the latest events, student stories, advice, tips and university updates/Student Services information throughout your university journey.
Follow, bookmark or download these channels to get the most out of your time at the UoR:
Follow @UoR_StudentLife and @UniRdg_Student
Follow our Student Life Twitter and Instagram pages to get all the latest Student takeovers, Wellbeing advice, Careers news, student events and much more.
We have covered a whole range of topics on our channels and often post important updates and information, tools and advice, so give us a follow and be part of the UoR Student life community!
Once enrolled you will be able to use the University’s official student app!
New this year, the official University of Reading Student app is available to all current students. The app makes accessing all the essential information you need for student life at Reading as easy as possible. The app is available for all current students to download for free on android and iOS devices.
- Your academic timetable
- A personalised Me@Reading news feed
- Instant notifications on the most important updates
- Easy access to support information and campus maps
You can find the app in stores by searching UoR Student.
Take a look and bookmark Essentials – all the Essential information for Reading students
With the new term approaching, you probably have lots of questions about your year ahead. Essentials is your guide to getting the most out of University.
Navigate the pages to find information on:
- Campus and the local area
- Extra-curricular opportunities
- Money advice
- International advice
- Support and wellbeing
- Studying and exams
- Student events
- Updates from the university on Covid-19
Subscribe or bookmark this blog – Student Life
Keep up to date with student stories, advice, important updates and much more. The Student Life blog has loads of great blogs written by a range of people/departments and students. So why not take a look and get ready for the start of term.
Some suggested blogs:
- How to Meet New People and Make Friends
- A little insight into Welcome Week – Emma Steele
- A Commuter’s Tips for an amazing Welcome Week – Serena Kutty
- How to Live Peacefully in a House with Friends
- Managing your anxiety in the new ‘normal’ – By Jasmeen Bhangu Counsellor at UoR
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learnt from Living with Social Anxiety at University
- Life in lockdown – the experience of an international student
Bookmark our Student events page
On Essentials, you will find a page dedicated to finding upcoming student events from across the University, including:
- Social events – to meet, make new friends and have a bit of fun
- Academic events/educational – to learn and expand your knowledge
- Careers events – to help you work towards your future
- Life Tools events – events to help you Learn – Develop – Succeed
and many more.
Keep it bookmarked for the latest student events, including RUSU and Welcome 2021 events!
Bookmark the Me@Reading student portal
Once enrolled, you will have access to the Me@Reading Student news portal, delivering personalised news throughout your study years. Log in to find out what is happening and read the latest news and events for you.
How do I access Me@Reading?
Once you have picked up your Campus Card and retrieved your University username and password, you are ready to go.
Me@Reading Student is updated every day, so bookmark it and check it as much as possible to keep up to date with university life.