Meet Student Services – The International Student Advisory Team

Sedtin Wan from the International Student Advisory Team Smiling by the lake on campus

In this series ‘Meet Student Services‘ we will be talking to teams throughout Student Services, putting a face to the team name, getting to know them and the services on offer to all students at The University of Reading.

First up: The International Student Advisory Team.

Name:

Sedtin Wan – International Student Advisory Team

A little more about you:

I’ve been with the university since September 2018. I’m the Senior International Student Adviser for Student Experience. I assist students with enquiries related to their experience with the university, along with providing guidance for students with dependents.

Tell us about the services your team provides:

The International Student Advisory Team offers information and advice for international and EU students, providing professional and confidential support on things like Visa and Immigration advice, settling into the UK, guidance for students with dependents, and enjoying your time here at Reading.

A tip for students at UoR:

Try something new as you never know what may discover and enjoy. There is support and services available to you during your journey with us. If you are unsure who to contact for assistance, simply email: int.adv@reading.ac.uk

A funny memory of working at UoR:

My first week at the University they were giving out cupcakes and I remember when I got my cupcake, a group of bagpipe players came out of nowhere and started to play.

Get in contact/find out more: