There are lots of exciting events taking place at your Student Union this term!
- Refreshers Fayre – Wednesday 18th January from 11am – 2pm in 3Sixty
Wish you signed up to a sport or society during Freshers? Refreshers Fayre is your second chance!
Pop along to talk to societies and sports team members and sign up for a taster session through Give it a Go. Taking place between Wednesday 18th and Sunday 29th January, Give it a Go week is a great opportunity to just give an activity a go! Head to our website to find out more.
And, if you’re a group reading this, we’d love to encourage you to open up one of your sessions as a taster! Get in touch with the team via email@example.com
- There is lots of fun events happening in RUSU this term. Whether you fancy quiz and karaoke, bingo, live music, or comedy, we’ve got you covered! Check out our Eventbrite page for tickets.
- UK-India Real Estate & Construction Network – Thursday 2 March, 6-8pm in Mondial.
Come along to connect with experts within the field and likeminded students. This free event will have an exciting line-up of speakers, including Dr. Param Shah, Director of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- Our Warm Welcome breakfasts are still happening in Mojos from 8.00am – 11.30am every weekday morning. Join us for a £1.50 breakfast – which now includes baked beans! – and some free activities. On Wednesday we pick up some bits from Co-op so there will also be free food available!
- Do you want to make change on campus or in the local community? Are you looking to influence decision makers and persuade them to make changes?
The University and RUSU are hosting a community organising training session that will equip you with the tools you need to take action to make Reading a better place.
Community organising is for people who want to create change. This session will gives you the opportunity to develop your negotiation and leadership skills, increasing your power and ability to fight injustice.
This free session is open to all students and staff. Places are limited, so sign up now!
Online: Monday 13 February, 9.30am – 4.30pm on Zoom (a link will be shared with you when you sign up)