Next week is National Student Money Week!
National Student Money Week is taking place from the27 February to the 3 March 2023. This week is all about helping you to improve your financial wellbeing, and the Student Financial Support team will be highlighting the financial support and advice that is available to you from the University of Reading.
National Student Money Week is organised by the National Association of Student Money and the financial education platform, Blackbuilion This year the Student Financial Support team will be hosting events across campus throughout the week, so make sure to come along and to pick up some free goodies (and for a chance to win some amazing prizes!):
- Monday –To kick start the week of exciting events the Student Financial Support team will be at RUSU from 12-2pm for money advice, free coffee mugs and free tea/coffee vouchers.
- Tuesday –The Student Financial Support team and the RUSU Money Advisors will be in the library foyer from 12-2pm offering advice and guidance, free coffee mugs and free tea/coffee vouchers. There will also be the opportunity to enter a competition to win an air fryer!
- Wednesday –Come and join us in Carrington, Room 201 from 12-4pm for monopoly competitions, free pizza and soft drinks – and the chance to win some prizes!
- Thursday – The Student Financial Support team will be outside the Carrington building 12 – 2pm offering advice guidance and free mugs and free coffee/tea vouchers, there will also be another chance to enter a competition to win an air fryer!
- Friday –For the final day of events the Student Financial Support and the RUSU Money Advice team will be located in RUSU once again from 12-2pm. They’ll be on hand to provide advice and support, and also free mugs and free tea/coffee vouchers. They’ll also be offering one last chance to enter the competition to win an air fryer!
All these events are free to attend, and no need to sign up – just drop in, say hello, and pick up some free goodies and money saving tips! The theme for this year’s National Student Money Week is ‘Navigate the numbers: Coping with the Cost of Living’. Throughout the week the Student Life Channels will be highlighting resources and sharing advice and helpful tips for budgeting, saving money on food and drink, making the most of your student discount, tips for staying sustainable and saving money, and other helpful ways to save money at University. Make sure to also check out the Cost of Living pages on Essentials for even more resources and support.
If you are struggling with money and need extra help the University has a number of financial support schemes available to you. Check out our blog ‘Four ways you can access financial support‘ to learn more about the different schemes available, and to find the right one for you.
As part of National Student Money week Blackbullion will be running a competition three students will win rent for a month!
To enter the competition login or create an account to Blackbullion, and create a snapshot of your financial life using their brand-new ‘Spending snapshot’ tool. As well as entering the prize draw, you’ll also get a real insight into your financial situation and have a great starting point from which to improve your finances. The competition is open until 10 March.
Blackbullion offers numerous educational courses to help you better handle your finances while at University, and as a University of Reading student this service is free to you! Set up your account today to access their online courses and tools.