The University’s Student Financial Support Team offers free advice and support for all your financial needs.
They can help you with:
- Money health check service – to review income and expenditure and provide guidance
- Advice on Student loans
- Free access to online support with Blackbullion access to interactive, bite-sized financial lessons, helping you to master your money from pre-enrolment to graduation and beyond. Topics include budgeting, savings and debt management alongside a Student Loan repayment calculator.
- Details of Bursaries and Awards
- Short-term loans
- General debt support and advice
- Liaison with other financial advisory services such as Reading Students’ Union, Citizens Advice Bureau and National Debt organisations
Booking an appointment
The Student Financial Support Team are available to review your financial situation; whether it may be ensuring you are receiving your full funding entitlement, or simply giving you tips on how to save more money. The team are based in the Carrington Building.
Virtual and face-to-face appointments are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:00 and 12:30. You can book an appointment online.
Alternatively, you can email your enquiries to email@example.com or call on 0118 378 5555 (09:30 – 17:00, Monday to Friday).
Money Matters – online resources
Make sure to check out the Money Matters pages on Essentials.
This is the place to go to find out about the financial support and advice available to you whilst at University. Remember to also check out the cost of living pages for advice on managing your finances and seeking support.