Unless otherwise indicated, any training sessions listed here are available for University of Reading staff, or postgraduate research students (marked as RRDP) only.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Altmetric Explorer
November 8, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 pm
Who is it for
Primarily research-related staff but also anyone interested in tracking media attention to research publications
Brief description of course :
Altmetric Explorer helps you track mentions to research outputs from Twitter, Facebook, news outlets, Wikipedia, Mendeley and lots of other ‘alternative’ sources. This hands-on session will show you how to use the tool to investigate and analyse the reach and impact of your research. This is a 90 minute session however the last 30 minutes will be allocated for hands-on activities. If you do not want to stay for the activities then please feel free to leave the session after 60 minutes.
Following the session you will be able to:
- Understand the background and rationale for altmetrics
- Understand what the Altmetric ‘donut’ means
- Track media attention to research publications
- Find out who’s saving your publications in Mendeley
- Understand how you could use Altmetric data in grant applications, CVs, and impact statements